From: mfb@mbunix.mitre.org (Michael F Brenner)
Subject: Re: Where have all the Ada programmers gone?
Date: 1998/02/27
Date: 1998-02-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Responding to comp.lang.ada #69810 from hike14000@aol.com (Hike14000)

D. Parish www.omnitech.com posted the following:
    > I am looking for top notch Ada programmers for interesting
    > robotics software development work. I have had difficulty
    > finding the right people, and am open to suggestions where
    > I can find good Ada programmers. Can anyone help me find
    > some good Ada programmers?

This post is missing quite a lot of information:

    (1) is this another jobshopper with no jobs building up
        a database of Ada programmers, or is there really
        a job here?

    (2) is this another entry-level-paying job with
        senior-system-engineer responsibilities or
        is an appropriate pay scale going to be used?

    (3) why is there an implication that Ada programmers
        are hard to find? All the Ada programmers I know
        (who are not already using Ada) are merely waiting
        for a job with a salary higher than they are being
        paid now. Moving to an Ada job is easy if the salary
        is high enough. Where are high paying Ada jobs?

    (4) I know several people interested in robotics,
        but this post with 100 percent implication and
        no actual details is not going to motivate anyone.

    (5) Perhaps you could post the number of jobs and the
        salaries you are actually paying, and if the salary
        is high enough you will get immediate responses.