From: Daniel Way <p.waydan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Understanding GNAT Bare Board Run-time for Cortex-M
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 05:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-04-08T05:47:48-07:00	[thread overview]

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 4:37:03 PM UTC+9, Simon Wright wrote:

> My Cortex GNAT RTS[1] is based on FreeRTOS[2] and includes an RTS for
> the nRF51 as found in the BBC micro:bit. That's a cortex-m0, but as far
> as I can see[3] the differences from the m0+ are minimal.

Thank you, I'll check out your version of FreeRTOS as reference while I learn about the tasking model.

As an aside, why did you decide to create your own runtime rather than use the ones installed with GNAT CE?

> The main issue I had was with the clock; the nRF51 doesn't have a system
> tick, instead I had to use RTC1 (I think AdaCore used RTC0).

My controller uses the SysTick, so hopefully I can reuse the timing functions from the STM32F4 runtimes.

Thanks for the great advice!