From: je@bton.ac.uk (John English)
Subject: Re: Where can I get some sample source code?
Date: 1998/02/19
Date: 1998-02-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

x (x@x.x) wrote:
: I'm just learning Ada and would like to look at some actual source
: code, not just the stubs they have in books.

Hmm. Using trivial examples is a common failing in textbooks which
annoys me too...
<plug alert>
 in my book, I tried to avoid "toy" examples and show slightly more
 realistic programs (well, up to ~1K lines anyway :-)
</plug alert>

: Does anyone know where I can get some?  I started searching through
: the PAL but all I got was lost.

A few suggestions... :-)

Source code for all the examples from my book:
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/sources/adacraft.zip
Source code for all the examples from Mike Smith's book:
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/sources/mas_ada.zip
Some Ada packages, with source:
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/libs/index.htm#ada
Assorted source code, including some in Ada:
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/sources/index.htm
Lots more Ada stuff:
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/language/ada/index.htm
Website for my book, including a few sample chapters (more plug alerts!):
  http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je/adacraft/

Apologies for the plugs... :-)

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk