* The danger of battery-powered wearable frames with A.I. software
@ 2017-06-14 15:17 Mr. Man-wai Chang
From: Mr. Man-wai Chang @ 2017-06-14 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robotic;Notes - Mizuka's death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIoV60cIu7s

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
   ^ ^   (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.39.3

* Re: The danger of battery-powered wearable frames with A.I. software
@ 2017-06-15  6:01 ` darkestkhan
From: darkestkhan @ 2017-06-15  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 3:17:32 PM UTC, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> Robotic;Notes - Mizuka's death
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIoV60cIu7s
>
> --
>    @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
>   / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
> /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
>    ^ ^   (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.39.3
> 不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

Double the sadness... legs were given to her by the boy.
[at the end she thanks him for legs]

Quadruple the fear - almost all medical devices nowadays have glaring security issues with privilege escalation that can be used to kill target. In many cases you don't even need to do anything intentional to interfere with devices - when my brother visited his fiancee in hospital he tried to call us from corridors. Instead of connecting with tower he connected with some medical device and could listen to heartbeats. If even simple cellphone is capable of doing this through concrete walls I don't want to think what can be done by someone who actually is intent on doing.