From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Post hoc making a type thread safe
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:36:27 +0200
Date: 2008-06-10T20:36:27+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I have a rather large object (in terms of # of subprograms) which is standard
tagged record. I want to use it in a thread safe manner, and I wonder if
there's some better solution than proxying everything with a protected type.
I'm not sure if some new 2005 feature can help in this regard.

Any gain would be nice; for example, is there some way of using renames to
provide the bodies of the protected object using the original object ones? I
can't think of a way so I ask in case I'm missing something... Also, I have
access to both public, private and body of the original type, in case this is
of use.

In practice I'm looking for something equivalent to:

--  Not Ada
--  protected type Safe is new Unsafe with null record;

Thanks in advance,

Alex.