* distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-11 16:03 antonio
From: antonio @ 2004-03-11 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Im running debian sarge and i try to compile an example of gnat-glade package
but gnatdist stops with this message:

gnatdist: building controller caller stubs from controller.ads
distribution feature not supported
compilation abandoned
gnatdist: /usr/bin/gnatgcc failed
gnatdist: *** can't continue

sorry but i don't know the matter. anyone can help me?
thank you in advance

* Re: distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-11 18:37 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-03-11 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

antonio <bergnoli@pd.infn.it> wrote on 11/03/2004 (17:15) :
> Im running debian sarge and i try to compile an example of gnat-glade package
> but gnatdist stops with this message:
>
> gnatdist: building controller caller stubs from controller.ads
> distribution feature not supported
> compilation abandoned
> gnatdist: /usr/bin/gnatgcc failed
> gnatdist: *** can't continue
>
> sorry but i don't know the matter. anyone can help me?
> thank you in advance

Show me how and what you run the compilation so I can test on my machine
the same thing.

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 �For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.�

* distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-11 19:23 antonio
From: antonio @ 2004-03-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi, it is the first time that i try to use gnat-glade and compiling an example
i got this from gnatdist :

gnatdist: building controller caller stubs from controller.ads
distribution feature not supported
compilation abandoned
gnatdist: /usr/bin/gnatgcc failed
gnatdist: *** can't continue

I use debian sarge, gnat 3.15p-7 gnat-glade3.15p-2.
Anybody can help me?

@ 2004-03-12  8:58   ` antonio
From: antonio @ 2004-03-12  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.93.1079030246.327.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>...
> antonio <bergnoli@pd.infn.it> wrote on 11/03/2004 (17:15) :
> > Im running debian sarge and i try to compile an example of gnat-glade package
> > but gnatdist stops with this message:
> >
> > gnatdist: building controller caller stubs from controller.ads
> > distribution feature not supported
> > compilation abandoned
> > gnatdist: /usr/bin/gnatgcc failed
> > gnatdist: *** can't continue
> >
> > sorry but i don't know the matter. anyone can help me?
> > thank you in advance
>
> Show me how and what you run the compilation so I can test on my machine
> the same thing.
here is the complete session:

antonio@nbbergnoli:/usr/share/doc/gnat-glade/examples/Eratho/absolute$
gnatdist absolute.cfg
gnatdist: checking configuration consistency
 ------------------------------
gnatdist: building controller caller stubs from controller.ads
distribution feature not supported
compilation abandoned
gnatdist: /usr/bin/gnatgcc failed
gnatdist: *** can't continue

I m sorry for the duplicate mail but the network went down a bit after
i pressed the button 'submit' and i was not sure of my post....
thank you

* Re: distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-12 18:33     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-03-12 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am the maintainer of GNAT and GLADE for Debian.  I need some time to
investigate this issue.  In the mean time, you can help by doing the
following:

- file a bug report against gnat (not gnat-glade) in Debian.  For
  this, visit http://bugs.debian.org and follow the instructions for
  filing a bug;

- try to reproduce the bug on sarge (Preben, would you do that for
  me?);

- try to reproduce the bug on woody, using gnat 3.14p and associated
  gnat-glade.  This would help me determine whether the problem is a
  regression.

Please document all your findings in the bug report.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-12 18:46       ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-03-12 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am the maintainer of GNAT and GLADE for Debian.  I need some time to
> investigate this issue.  In the mean time, you can help by doing the
> following:
>
> - file a bug report against gnat (not gnat-glade) in Debian.  For

Sorry, I meant: gnat-glade (not gnat).

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-13  7:45       ` antonio
From: antonio @ 2004-03-13  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote in message news:<87vfl9ykym.fsf@insalien.org>...
> Hi,
>
> I am the maintainer of GNAT and GLADE for Debian.  I need some time to
> investigate this issue.  In the mean time, you can help by doing the
> following:
>
> - file a bug report against gnat (not gnat-glade) in Debian.  For
>   this, visit http://bugs.debian.org and follow the instructions for
>   filing a bug;
>
> - try to reproduce the bug on sarge (Preben, would you do that for
>   me?);
>
> - try to reproduce the bug on woody, using gnat 3.14p and associated
>   gnat-glade.  This would help me determine whether the problem is a
>   regression.
>
> Please document all your findings in the bug report.

In woody everything it s ok.
I ll report  the bug in Debian very soon.
Thank you

* Re: distribution feature not supported
@ 2004-03-13 14:46       ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-03-13 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2004-03-12, Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote:
> - try to reproduce the bug on sarge (Preben, would you do that for
>   me?);

Will do.

--
Rox-Filer; *the* file manager => http://rox.sf.net/