From: "Pat Rogers" <progers@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Other implementations of pragma Abort_Defer?
Date: 1998/01/25
Date: 1998-01-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote in message <6ads7q$2pa$2@peuplier.wanadoo.fr>...
>>>I have a package that allows you to protect a call to a procedure from
>>>abortion. I plan to put it on Adalog's web site as soon as I find the
time
>>>to write the documentation... In the meantime, I can send it to anyone
>>>interested.

Using the GNAT-defined pragma, one says:

    procedure Unabortably_Do_This is
    begin
       pragma Abort_Defer;
       -- things to do with abort deferred....
    end Unabortably_Do_This;

It is a shame we can't just say:

    pragma Convention( Abort_Deferred, Unabortably_Do_This );

The real question I originally asked, though, is how many other vendors also
implement a pragma to do the same as Abort_Defer?  There has been some
cooperation on other aspects, is there any here?