From: "Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Other implementations of pragma Abort_Defer?
Date: 1998/01/24
Date: 1998-01-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>>I have a package that allows you to protect a call to a procedure from
>>abortion. I plan to put it on Adalog's web site as soon as I find the time
>>to write the documentation... In the meantime, I can send it to anyone
>>interested.
>

>Indeed I would be interested -- but I hope it doesn't involve protected or
>controlled types, as those are the only alternatives that come to mind, and
>they are a bit heavy in this context (says he who has defended the
>generic-instantiation-to-get-equality-for-nonlimited-types approach for
>Ada83 :) ...

Aha, you want a hint... No protected types, but it does use finalization.
I'll send you the package in a separate mail.
(and BTW: of course, a protected type is the easiest way to protect from
abortion; my package is really useful only when the unabortable procedure
must perfom things (typically IOs) that are not allowed from a protected
operation).