From: "Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Other implementations of pragma Abort_Defer?
Date: 1998/01/24
Date: 1998-01-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar a �crit dans le message ...
>JPR says
>
><<You don't need a special pragma to defer abortion, it can be done in a
100%
>portable way.
>I have a package that allows you to protect a call to a procedure from
>abortion. I plan to put it on Adalog's web site as soon as I find the time
>to write the documentation... In the meantime, I can send it to anyone
>interested.
>>>

>Sure it can be done portably, but only with a heavy interface that is
>likely to incur additional overhead. The mere fact that your package
>requires documentation suggests its heaviness.
The *interface* is extremely simple, but I have as a principle not to put
something on my web site unless I have some html file with it to explain
what it is about. The *implementation* certainly incurs some overhead (well,
it's a trade-off between efficiency and portability).

>We have found the pragma
>extremely useful in many contexts.
Oh, certainly, and especially for the implementation of finalization - I
guess. I just mentionned there was a portable solution. I did not mean it
was the best solution in every situation, but certainly in the case where
you want portable software components.