From: jhopper@erinet.com (James Hopper)
Subject: Re: ROBERT DEWER, Chill out...
Date: 1998/01/24
Date: 1998-01-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <34C88745.CEDE4773@avicom.net>
Thornton <thornton@AVICOM.NET> writes:

> There's no doubt you're highly educated & intelligent in regards to the
> topics discussed on this newsgroups, but I second the motion that you're
> also quite rude.

I will also jump to roberts defense also.  I have worked with Robert a
bit the last few years and i have several times taken offense a bit at
things he said over email or on cla.  But i am a bit more direct, in
that i always privately ask him if my perception of the event is what
he really intended (well i wasnt ALWAYS that polite about it). he
always seemed taken quite aback that i had taken it that way, and has
always been good to help me understand that he was not being
disrespectful of me or rude.  I have come to understand roberts way of
doing email, and have benefited a great deal from the association since
i got over letting my feelings be mussed by MY perception of his tone.

jim