From: "Pat Rogers" <progers@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Other implementations of pragma Abort_Defer?
Date: 1998/01/23
Date: 1998-01-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote in message <6aa95k$pou$1@peuplier.wanadoo.fr>...
>Pat Rogers a �crit dans le message <6a91ej$e1n$1@uuneo.neosoft.com>...
>>I'm curious how many other implementations have also provided something
>>similar to GNAT's pragma Abort_Defer.  Although I think the parts of the
>>name are backward (i.e. I would have thought it would be Defer_Abort, if
>not
>>Abort_Deferred) it is a much lighter mechanism than an otherwise
>unnecessary
>>protected type.  Any info??
>>
>You don't need a special pragma to defer abortion, it can be done in a 100%
>portable way.
>I have a package that allows you to protect a call to a procedure from
>abortion. I plan to put it on Adalog's web site as soon as I find the time
>to write the documentation... In the meantime, I can send it to anyone
>interested.

Indeed I would be interested -- but I hope it doesn't involve protected or
controlled types, as those are the only alternatives that come to mind, and
they are a bit heavy in this context (says he who has defended the
generic-instantiation-to-get-equality-for-nonlimited-types approach for
Ada83 :) ...