From: brad.balfour@ois.com (Brad Balfour)
Subject: Re: CORBA and Ada95
Date: 1998/01/21
Date: 1998-01-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <34C42E25.201E224B@scv.net>, deloria <deloria@scv.net> wrote:
>Does anybody know of tools/products that support
>CORBA and Ada95?  IONA and OIS have stopped
>their joint venture in this area.  I think OIS is trying to
>produce an ORB and IDL tool for Ada95.

I can speak to the status of OIS' new ORBexpress product.
The product was recently demonstrated at Tri-Ada '97 in St. Louis.
Out 3rd generation CORBA 2.0 ORB has just now entered its formal beta test
phase. It is shipping to our current ORBexpress customers and all those
Orbix/Ada customers who have chosen to convert their licenses. It is also
available for evaluation.

Formal Beta Test means, to OIS, that the product has passed our extensive
internal suite of CORBA tests, is fully documented, is completely packaged,
and is ready for wide-spread shakedown by users. We expect the formal beta
period to last about 6-8 weeks.

For more information on ORBexpress, send e-mail to info@ois.com or check out
http://www.ois.com/

Brad