From: Hubert <herrdoktor@fumanchu.com>
Subject: Stupid Question but it bothers me
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:58:58 -0800
Date: 2015-01-19T15:58:58-08:00	[thread overview]

Yes, sorry I am sure this is a stupid question but I can not remember
that I read an answer to it in Barne's book.

suppose you have simple record

TYPE A_Type IS RECORD
   My_Map : <instantiated Ada.Containers.Map>;
END RECORD;

now when I allocate a record with NEW obviously the map is correctly
initialized.

What happens when I deallocate the record with an instantiation of
Ada.Unchecked_Deallocate? is the map correctly destroyed or do I have to
revive my record from Ada.Finalization? I mean there is no obvious
memory leak detector in Ada so I am always a bit blind (on C++ I usually
use VisualLeakDetector).

I assume, when I store access values in the map I will have to go
through all entries and deallocate them one by one which is fine, but my
question is about the map and it's internal datastructures. Will the
deallocation automatically deallocate elements like the map as well?

Thanks

---