From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Defaulting to Standard_Output
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 03:57:54 GMT
Date: 2008-10-24T03:57:54+00:00	[thread overview]

deadlyhead wrote:

> This is not what I want.  I want all output of the program to go to
> Standard_Output if no name is given for Outfile.  It's like if `cat`
> had an option '-o' that designated an output file.  `cat something.txt
> -o outfile.txt` = `cat something.txt > outfile.txt`, but `cat
> something.txt` outputs to the terminal.  That's the type of
> functionality that I want.

It works like this:

if File_Name /= "" then
    Create (File);
    Set_Output (File);
end if;

-- call Put, Put_Line, and New_Line without a File parameter

if File_Name /= "" then
    Close (File);
end if;

If the user specifies a file, then output goes to that file. If he doesn't, then
output goes to Standard_Output.

--
Jeff Carter
"When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely