* show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-01-29 23:45 johannes falcone
From: johannes falcone @ 2015-01-29 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

hows the gnoging?

* Re: show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-01-30  2:03 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-01-30  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> hows the gnoging?

http://gnoga.com

Gnoga does not use AWS

Gnoga is about applications (web, desktop or mobile) not web sites, although Gnoga.com is written using Gnoga.

I'd suggest joining the Gnoga list (see website) as it is very active.

As for how is it going. Gnoga is still growing :) 1.0 was released and 1.1 should be released in a few more weeks.

I'm also working on documentation tools, an IDE and a GUI builder for it.

David Botton

* Re: show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-01-31 19:40   ` johannes falcone
From: johannes falcone @ 2015-01-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 9:03:54 PM UTC-5, David Botton wrote:
> > hows the gnoging?
>
> http://gnoga.com
>
> Gnoga does not use AWS
>
> Gnoga is about applications (web, desktop or mobile) not web sites, although Gnoga.com is written using Gnoga.
>
> I'd suggest joining the Gnoga list (see website) as it is very active.
>
> As for how is it going. Gnoga is still growing :) 1.0 was released and 1.1 should be released in a few more weeks.
>
> I'm also working on documentation tools, an IDE and a GUI builder for it.
>
> David Botton

so how good at serving websites is gnoga?

* Re: show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-02-01  3:23     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-02-01  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> so how good at serving websites is gnoga?

The underlying http service uses http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm

If you were not going to use Gnoga (a full duplex live connection to a page), likely better off writing your own server based on it or AWS.

David Botton

* Re: show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-02-01 16:46       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-02-01 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 10:23:19 PM UTC-5, David Botton wrote:
> > so how good at serving websites is gnoga?

BTW, if you are thinking about Website programming using Gnoga, the AdaBlog demo uses a slightly different technique for using Gnoga that is slightly better for corporate "site" type development. It does not maintain a connection after laying out the pages using Gnoga.

Gnoga.com is an actual application with a live connection. I chose to do that for testing purposes and has helped tune a number of areas.

Dmitry added the ability to maintain an open http connection to a page which I will be working on building support in gnoga for this week. That offers advantages when doing "website" development (instead of "application" development) where crawlers will be able to parse the additional content added by JavaScript and allow for additional fall back mechanisms should WebSockets be unavailable like on certain old firewalls and proxies servers stil laying around.

David Botton

* Re: show the gnoga sites!    gnoga does use aws right?  I thought I saw something contradict that
@ 2015-02-05 15:46 ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-02-05 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, 29 January 2015 23:45:37 UTC, johannes falcone  wrote:
> hows the gnoging?

Well my Gnogin is Gnoging.

I have used it quite recently to code up a prototype. However whilst I am very happy with Gnoga, I am non plussed with my use of it, and I know I could do it better, maybe in a MVC way.

I also used different connection for different addresses on the webserver, which I'm not happy about but it did simplify in my brain my use of it.

Once some design patterns emerge which make more sense to me, I will probably clean this up.

I'm also quite lazy which does not help. So I'm really looking forward to the GUI Builder.