From: alex@MIMSY.CS.UMD.EDU  (Alex Blakemore)
Subject: Re: Unknown Pragmas in Ada 9X
Date: 31 Jul 93 21:53:06 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <236r5q$m7e@usafa2.usafa.af.mil> cwarack@kirk.usafa.af.mil (Chris Wa
rack <sys mgr>) writes:
> Furthermore, for the ASIS people.  Does the ASIS standard under
> discussion imply that pragmas unsupported by the compiler will be
> "supported" by ASIS?  (I.e., ASIS packages will be able to process
> pragmas even though the compiler ignores them...)

the ASIS spec has a place for unknown pragmas, but I dont know if the
latest spec _requires_ that they be preserved.  I know an earlier implementatio
ignored them.  we should check this.

btw, it would be good to mail things like this to asis@stars.reston.paramax.com

so they are brought to the attention of the people working on and using the sta
ndard.
--
Alex Blakemore       alex@cs.umd.edu        NeXT mail accepted
"Without an engaged and motivated human being at the keyboard,