From: "Yannick Duchêne Hibou57" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Literate Programming
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 04:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-09-08T04:04:02-07:00	[thread overview]

On 8 sep, 09:09, Jean-Pierre Rosen <ro...@adalog.fr> wrote:
> This looks a lot like what HOOD (and HOOD tools) do: diagrams and
> documentation for understanding, separate pieces for the code. Then the
> tool can extract documentation and/or programs, by extracting the pieces
> and providing the glue.
HOOD is similar ? I just know the name of HOOD, but not what is
really.

But isn't HOOD a method too ? Do you mean it can be used without its
method ?

To tell more, what makes me a bit wrong with UML is that it seems
difficult to me to map UML <-> Ada. There so called prototypes, but
once prototypes are all over the place, this is finally not UML any
more, and it may be better to look for something else.

I just know a significant amount of Ada users like HOOD, but I do not
know HOOD. I may have a deeper look at it finally... as soon as today.

> Do you think we could advertise HOOD as literate programming ;-) ?
If it is, and if it not to lie about what HOOD is, well, why not.
Perhaps HOOD and literate has a common ancestor ;)

Just about to advertise HOOD as literate, I'm just afraid that
literate is not very famous either (what is famous today is to do
things as quick as possible, and anything involving some more works is
not welcome)

Thanks to have pointed about HOOD in this context, I may discover
something I did not suspected before.