From: nabbasi@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: About a C/C++ to ADA translator
Date: 1998/01/05
Date: 1998-01-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Understanding a language just by reading the definitions and the grammer of the
language is like trying to appreciate a flower by reading the chemical compounds
it is made of, instead of touching it and smilling it :)

Same with mathematics, books that only list theories and diffinitions, without
giving good examples, are not as good for learning from as the ones that do.

I think only very very smart people can learn and understand a language by just
reading its grammer and "defintions" instead of also having examples to help in
the understanding, for the most of us, whose IQ's range between 90 and 110,
examples really help in understanding how things work, even though an example
will only show one aspect of the issue, it still helps. at least I find good
examples help me.

that is also why I find the man pages on UNIX not very good, they is almost no
examples in them.

just my 1.88 cents.

Nasser