From: Gene <gene.ressler@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Naming convention for constructor functions
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:31:21 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-03-21T18:31:21-07:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 12, 11:15 am, Lucretia <lucret...@lycos.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mar 12, 1:43 pm, Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homep...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can also imagine Create_T, Construct_T, etc., but Make_T seems to be
> > the shortest while still conveying the meaning properly. Is it also
> > most widely used?
>
> IIRC, the style guide mentions both Make_T and Create_T. I can image
> Constructor_T being a pain to type after a while, the first 2 convey
> meaning and are short, so I'd pick one of those.
>
> Luke.

That's interesting.  After teaching many beginning programmers I
finaly figured out that if I tell them to name procedures as verbs and
functions as nouns, they more quickly catch on as to the difference.
Therefore I claim there is a lot to recommend New_T as more
intuitive.  It also agrees with the allocator syntax.