* Re: AFLEX/AYACC on WUARCHIVE
@ 1993-06-09 22:51 440722148 DUGAN, TIMOTHY R
From: 440722148 DUGAN, TIMOTHY R @ 1993-06-09 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <conn.739591842@wuarchive.wustl.edu>, conn@wuarchive.wustl.edu (Rich
ard Conn) writes...

>Release Notice
>Release of: AFLEX/AYACC 1.3a
>------------------------------
>1. Taxonomy:
>    SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
>        PARSER GENERATOR
>            AFLEX AND AYACC
>------------------------------
> . . .

Do you still produce ALEX?  I had a problem with AFLEX in that it
had to get its input from text_io.  This brings up a question . . .

Why don't tools like AFLEX generate Ada generics?  That way, the
user can provide the I/O functions:

with xx.token_type;
generic
   with function get_character return character;
   with procedure unget_character(char : in character);
   . . .
function yylex return xx.token_type;

* Re: AFLEX/AYACC on WUARCHIVE
@ 1993-06-11 14:53 Alex Blakemore
From: Alex Blakemore @ 1993-06-11 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9JUN199316515213@cl2.cl.uh.edu> SWEN09D2@cl.uh.edu writes:
> Do you still produce ALEX?  I had a problem with AFLEX in that it
> had to get its input from text_io.  This brings up a question . . .

> Why don't tools like AFLEX generate Ada generics?  That way, the
> user can provide the I/O functions:

I have modified aflex to use POSIX IO for input and allow the user to
more easily provide the IO functions.  I havent cleaned it up enough
to send to arcadia, but it does work.  if someone wants it, send mail
to alex@cs.umd.edu.
--
Alex Blakemore       alex@cs.umd.edu        NeXT mail accepted
"Without an engaged and motivated human being at the keyboard,