From: alex@MIMSY.CS.UMD.EDU  (Alex Blakemore)
Subject: Re: AFLEX/AYACC on WUARCHIVE
Date: 11 Jun 93 14:53:27 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9JUN199316515213@cl2.cl.uh.edu> SWEN09D2@cl.uh.edu writes:
> Do you still produce ALEX?  I had a problem with AFLEX in that it
> had to get its input from text_io.  This brings up a question . . .

> Why don't tools like AFLEX generate Ada generics?  That way, the
> user can provide the I/O functions:

I have modified aflex to use POSIX IO for input and allow the user to
more easily provide the IO functions.  I havent cleaned it up enough
to send to arcadia, but it does work.  if someone wants it, send mail
to alex@cs.umd.edu.
--
Alex Blakemore       alex@cs.umd.edu        NeXT mail accepted
"Without an engaged and motivated human being at the keyboard,