* Re: JNI Ada95 Binding
       [not found] <01bd0951$d74890e0$1b028ad1@proj1>
@ 1997-12-16  0:00 ` Stanley R. Allen
From: Stanley R. Allen @ 1997-12-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Yeoman

Brian Yeoman wrote:

> Does anybody know of a Java Native Interface binding to Ada95 ? I would
> like to build my GUIs in Java and interface my Ada95 application.

An Aonix representative has stated that their intent is to
provide "a full JNI binding" for their Ada-to-JVM product.

Talk to Aonix for more details.  http://www.aonix.com

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com

@ 1997-12-17  0:00 ` Shayne Flint
From: Shayne Flint @ 1997-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Yeoman wrote:

> Does anybody know of a Java Native Interface binding to Ada95 ? I would
> like to build my GUIs in Java and interface my Ada95 application.

I have built a binding that allows you to use most JNI functions. It
allows you to find java classes, get ID's for static and instance
methods and fields, call methods, read/write fields and register native
methods. However, I have problems with event management and handling
Java interfaces in a neat way.

I have built the binding for use with Gnat 3.10p and JDK 1.1.4. It
should work with Aonix without too much change.

If there is enough interest I would consider putting it up on my web
site.

-- Shayne Flint, MIEAust, CPEng        shayne@ainslie-software.com
-- Ainslie Software Pty Limited    http://www.ainslie-software.com
--
--      ShapeDB, a database and form drawing add-on for Visio

* Re: JNI Ada95 Binding
@ 1997-12-17  0:00   ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1997-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is interest. Please continue working on it and make it available
on the Net.

* Re: JNI Ada95 Binding
       [not found] <shayne@AINSLIE-SOFTWARE.COM>
@ 1997-12-17  0:00 ` Pablo Saldo
From: Pablo Saldo @ 1997-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:06:36 +1100 Shayne Flint said:

>If there is enough interest I would consider putting it up on my web
>site.

Put it on right now, if possible with the code !!

                         P@blo S@ldo - The (brazilian) Guy.