From: progers@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Pat Rogers)
Subject: Re: Ad-Hominem Attacks??
Date: 5 Jun 90 14:38:56 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <20106@grebyn.com>, ted@grebyn.com (Ted Holden) writes:

> I am basically an ordinary American businessman who simply reads more
> than most;  I am not a top computer scientist such as one finds at
> AT&T.   My only claim to fame in programming would be the little
> polyphonic VMUSIC program on PC BBSs (which was supposedly impossible).

Well, that exaplains a great deal, doesn't it?  So much for being
a "peer of C.A.R. Hoare".

Actually, it occurs to me that this whole "Ted" persona must be a
giant fabrication.  A practical joke, perhaps, by Karl Nyberg
(notice the net address used).  Nobody could be _this_
preposterous!  I have this mental picture of Karl pulling our
collective leg, sitting at his terminal wearing a Bozo mask so we
won't recognize him.

Karl, is that you?!?

P Rogers
Software Arts & Sciences
"The opinions expressed ARE the those of the company."

(Yes, Karl is a friend of mine.)