From: Javi <fjvera@gmail.com>
Subject: access assignation. Aliasing problems?
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:01:08 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2008-02-01T02:01:08-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi again, I have some problem between access assignations. "List" has
in its definition a private access to ListNode (First, Last). Why
can't I do the assignation: L.List := L.Last ? it does produce an
"accessibilty error check". If both values are null, I can not either
do the assignation.

-----------
   procedure putItem (L : in out List; It : in ItemList) is
   begin
      if L.Last = null then
         L.Last := new ListNode'(Item => It, next => null);
         print(L.Last.Item); --DBG this prints OK, the Item was
properly assigned
         L.First := L.Last; -- this fails, L.First and L.Last are both
the same type access ListNode

I'm very sorry because of bothering you with this simple questions,
thanks again.