From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: GNAT and MS Vista
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 05:41:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-26T05:41:55-07:00	[thread overview]

Le samedi 26 mai 2012 11:33:21 UTC+2, AdaMagica a écrit :
> I'm running Vista and GNAT GPL 2011. (I'm not sure that this problem has anything to do with GNAT.)
>
> I build an exe called disptaching_test.exe. When I try to run it, it won't work correctly. What exactly happens seems irrelevant, because when I rename the executable (i.e. *rename the file*, not *build it with another name*) to e.g. xxx.exe, it works as expected.
>
> The same happens when I rename another working Ada program to dispatching.exe.
>
> So my question: Is there anything special in Vista with the name dispatching? Anyone seen such an effect? The windows help is no help here.
>
> dispatching_test.exe
> dispatching.exe
> both do not work.
> xxx.exe works as expected.
>
> Thanks.

It is not clear what you mean by "it won't work correctly", then "do not work"... Nothing happens at all ? You get a wrong result ? It crashes ?

Are your running your .exe from the same directory as where it is located ?
If not, you have probably a "dispatching.exe" in the Path, that you are not aware of...
Gautier's Ada programming
http://sf.net/users/gdemont