From: junior learning ADA <francois.chesnay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Problem with output using Ada.Text_IO.Put
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 23:52:27 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-07-19T23:52:27-07:00	[thread overview]

Niklas,

Thank you for the answer.

I am using a Mac with OSX and I have properly installed Quartz.

If I run the program in an external terminal, launched through GPS, then It works properly. Except that the terminal closes automatically, I don't see the result of my program.

On the other hand, if I run it within GPS, then I have the issue of having everything appearing as a block as you correctly pointed it out.

It may be an issue specific to GPS on Mac, and it may be a point worth reporting to Adacore.

Is there a possibility to run an application from GPS and keep the terminal open once the process has terminated. This way it should be possible to see the result of the program?

Francois