From: radke@dsdl.ee.iastate.edu (Kevin Radke)
Subject: Re: ObjectAda warning message ?
Date: 1997/12/02
Date: 1997-12-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <881078602.5575@dejanews.com>,  <anders@simbalsyd.se> wrote:
>I am using ObjectAda version 7.1. When compiling existing Ada83 code I am
>receiving the following warning message:
>
>Warning: line 269 col 4 LRM:13.3(16), Object does not have a meaningful
>address, returning a null address

<telepathic mode on>

This warning is usually generated by OA when the code contains a very
"dynamic" data structure, and the compiler was unable to create
"meaningful" debugging information for the structure.  Therefore
it decides to create "no information" (I.E. returning a null address).

It is harmless just to ignore the warning, or you can make it go
away by not compiling with debug turned on.  (Either way, you
probably won't be able to see meaningful information about the
offending data structure in the debugger.)

All 11 warnings are probably referring to variables declared of
a certain type, but without the code it is very hard to guess...

I was able to remove similiar warnings about my code by declaring
a variable as a constant that was used in some type definitions using arrays.
(I was really using it as a constant, just never thought to declare it
 that way...)

Kevin