* Re: jobs in ada?
       [not found] <01bcfadf$4c3abc60$0f02000a@luisespi>
@ 1997-11-28  0:00 ` Robert B. Love
From: Robert B. Love  @ 1997-11-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <01bcfadf$4c3abc60$0f02000a@luisespi> "Luis Espinal" wrote:
> something I would enjoy. But, when I search for jobs in ADA, the vast
> majority of them requires knowledge that seem more of a electrical
engineer
> than of a computer scientist. Not only that, I've been told at school
that
> electrical engineers have a better chance to get a job in ADA than a
> computer scientist because of the nature of most of the applications

Well, its true, you must be able to _do_ something with the language.
Its not just enough to speak it.  However, if you're willing to learn
I think most corporations would accept you at an entry level.

The problem I see is that CS guys don't want to do the avionics type
work and they only want to work in the "in" language (C++).  EE
guys want to do avionics and are willing to tackle any language.

Again, I think it boils down to willingness.  At job interviews be
interested in the job, show a willingness and be patient.  Getting
the first job is the most difficult.  You school will have a placement
office that will schedule interviews with companies willing to accept
new hires.

Also, there are non-avionic tasks done in Ada too.  Try seeking those
out.

 Bob Love                                   MIME & NeXT Mail OK
 rlove@neosoft.com                            PGP key available

@ 1997-11-28  0:00 ` bklungle
From: bklungle @ 1997-11-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

As a software manager for an Aero-Space company doing Ada, Robert Love is
right on. If you are in the LA area, send me a note, and then a resume. If
not, contact a GOOD body shop.

bob