* GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-19 18:57 trayres
From: trayres @ 2016-02-19 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?

Thanks!

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-19 20:22 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2016-02-19 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:57:12 AM UTC-8, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?

I would like help. However, I do not know what SDL stands for and how it relates to Ada and AdaCore University since I have not looked at AdaCore University in details.

Anh Vo

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-19 20:23   ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2016-02-19 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 12:22:31 PM UTC-8, Anh Vo wrote:
> On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:57:12 AM UTC-8, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?
> >
> I would like help.

I meant I would like to help.

AV

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-19 22:06 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2016-02-19 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

SDL = https://www.libsdl.org/ ???
/P

@ 2016-02-20  0:26 ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2016-02-20  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 1:57:12 PM UTC-5, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?
>
> Thanks!

We need more infos to help.

1. What video? This one: http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-20 22:10   ` trayres
From: trayres @ 2016-02-20 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 4:26:14 PM UTC-8, Olivier Henley wrote:
> On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 1:57:12 PM UTC-5, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> We need more infos to help.
>
> 1. What video? This one: http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/

Hi everyone,
http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/ is the correct video
At 18/25, you see the templates listed for GPS.
Here is a picture of the templates from the video:
http://imgur.com/2YeRHWY
Here is a picture of the templates that I have in GPS:
http://imgur.com/3ZmeTj8

Yes, libSDL from: https://www.libsdl.org/

I am using GNAT GPL 2015, and it looks like those template are in GNAT GPL 2013. I'm going to go download GNAT GPL 2013 and see what comes up - perhaps I can manually copy the templates from 2013 to 2015 and then erase the 2013 download.

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-20 22:14     ` trayres
From: trayres @ 2016-02-20 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 2:10:26 PM UTC-8, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 4:26:14 PM UTC-8, Olivier Henley wrote:
> > On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 1:57:12 PM UTC-5, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I was trying to follow along with the "AdaCore University" and tried to launch a SDL template, but I don't see it; did I miss an option in the download?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > We need more infos to help.
> >
> > 1. What video? This one: http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/
>
> Hi everyone,
> http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/ is the correct video
> At 18/25, you see the templates listed for GPS.
> Here is a picture of the templates from the video:
> http://imgur.com/2YeRHWY
> Here is a picture of the templates that I have in GPS:
> http://imgur.com/3ZmeTj8
>
> Yes, libSDL from: https://www.libsdl.org/
>
> I am using GNAT GPL 2015, and it looks like those template are in GNAT GPL 2013. I'm going to go download GNAT GPL 2013 and see what comes up - perhaps I can manually copy the templates from 2013 to 2015 and then erase the 2013 download.

I forgot to mention, I am on Windows (I'll try the linux versions next!)

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-20 23:02       ` trayres
From: trayres @ 2016-02-20 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 2:14:49 PM UTC-8, tra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 2:10:26 PM UTC-8, tra...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > We need more infos to help.
> > >
> > > 1. What video? This one: http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> > http://university.adacore.com/getting-started/ is the correct video
> > At 18/25, you see the templates listed for GPS.
> > Here is a picture of the templates from the video:
> > http://imgur.com/2YeRHWY
> > Here is a picture of the templates that I have in GPS:
> > http://imgur.com/3ZmeTj8
> >
> > Yes, libSDL from: https://www.libsdl.org/
> >
> > I am using GNAT GPL 2015, and it looks like those template are in GNAT GPL 2013. I'm going to go download GNAT GPL 2013 and see what comes up - perhaps I can manually copy the templates from 2013 to 2015 and then erase the 2013 download.
>

> I forgot to mention, I am on Windows (I'll try the linux versions next!)

SO it looks like GNAT 2013 has the templates for SDL, but GNAT 2015 DOES NOT.

I would really rather not revert to 2013, but I do want to use SDL with Ada and this looks like the easiest way to set it up (as I am *just* starting with Ada)

* Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
@ 2016-02-21 15:09         ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2016-02-21 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> SO it looks like GNAT 2013 has the templates for SDL, but GNAT 2015 DOES NOT.
>
> I would really rather not revert to 2013, but I do want to use SDL with Ada and this looks like the easiest way to set it up (as I am *just* starting with Ada)

1. Write to AdaCore so they can fix the situation. I mean their GNAT 2015 package renders their AdaCore University video useless. Best way to piss-off new users.

2. For sure the setup found in GNAT 2013 is movable to a GNAT 2015 install. Now you can lose a lot of time trying to make that work.

3. Except from not having the latest, being new to Ada, GNAT 2013 is way sufficient for you to learn. I would just go with 2013. Once your are done with the vids, reinstall 2015.

BTW, in the long run if you are at ease with Linux I would go that way. If you try to bind to external libs (like sdl) you wont have MinGW in your legs and makefiles just work. Things work in windows too, but most of the time you end up on stackoverflow for some stupid peculiar details related to MinGW.

Debian 8.0 with latest GNAT is a flawless setup.

Also keep the faith, Ada is awesome! It's what surrounds it that sucks. :)