* Re: Servo-Motor Controllers and other Low-Level Boards
       [not found] <mailman.20.1073747744.279.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
@ 2004-01-10 16:32 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2004-01-10 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert C. Leif <rleif@rleif.com> wrote:
:
: Parenthetically,
: XForms is a real threat to Microsoft. It is an open, W3C specification.

And perhaps therefore they have made their own thing,
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2003/10/29/infopath.html

* Re: Servo-Motor Controllers and other Low-Level Boards
@ 2004-01-11  1:31   ` Robert C. Leif
From: Robert C. Leif @ 2004-01-11  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Exactly! InfoPath is a Microsoft proprietary standard. XForms is a W3C
standard (http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/). Besides XForms having a
better design, it will be a very long wait until InfoPath is hosted on
another operating system, such as Linux. Since the FormsPlayer version
of XForms is unfortunately based on XHTML, I can not validate the
FormsPlayer' XForms against their schema. Thus, I can not follow my
fake Ada approach to XForms.

Either an XML or an scalable vector graphics, SVG, approach would have
been better. SVG could be used to create all of the simple graphical
elements in XForms, such as buttons and pull-down menus. SVG could
also be used to build an instrument panel for embedded systems.
Bob Leif