* Need help with sound files!
@ 1997-11-22  0:00 ARL
From: ARL @ 1997-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi! I am new in Ada and in programming, but i want to know if possible the "structure" of
a sound file. My idea is to be able to take a sound file and and listen just to a little
part of that sound file, analyse the sound. Is it possible for you to give me a site
location or your knowledge about this issue?
I never worked with sound files but since Ada is language that accordingly to the reference
manual works very well with sound, i am asking you for your help!
Please correct me if i said something wrong.
Thanks for your attention and help!
ARL ip203476@ip.pt

   Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
   INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
   DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

* Re: Need help with sound files!
@ 1997-11-22  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1997-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>the "structure" of a sound file.  My idea is to be able to take a sound
>file and and listen just to a little part of that sound file, analyse the
>sound.  Is it possible for you to give me a site location or your
  On Compuserve in the Digital Video library section of the MMForum:
VOCSH2.ZIP
  source and executable and sample data file.  Shows contents of a
  SoundBlaster .voc digitized sound file.  Also plays it through the PC
  speaker.  Includes source for the 8->4 bit compression algorithm (as best I
  can figure it out).  In Ada and assembly.
But there are also various other file formats for sound.