From: Geert Bosch <geert@gonzo.sun3.iaf.nl>
Subject: Re: Prime Number Algorithm Needed
Date: 1997/11/22
Date: 1997-11-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Thomas Dauria <tdauria@bu.edu> wrote:
   I am looking for a good prime number algorithm.  The
   user would be entering a number and I would need to find
   the next prime greater than or equal to this user
   entered number.

Actually now I think about it, this would be a really neat
simple exercise for somebody starting with an introductory
course on programming.

Of course, if your goal is not learning the language, but rather
finding those nasty prime numbers I would suggest using one of
those fine prime number applications that already exist. With
all the fuss about encryption lately, they are becoming
increasingly popular.

A good binary version for DOS, OS/2 and Linux is at
   http://www.leo.org/pub/comp/platforms/pc/msdos/apps/maths/prime13.zip

Regards,
   Geert