From: falis@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Falis)
Subject: Re: Interactive I/O in Ada
Date: 24 Jan 90 18:12:42 GMT	[thread overview]

Without getting too commercial here, your best bet on this issues is to
check with the vendor. Several vendors do provide this facility: a task
about to block on an I/O operation relinquished the processor so another
task caN be scheduled.  This is actually fairly trivial to implement
when an Ada task directly issues the I/O operation request. Where it
gets more interesting is when an Ada task calls interfaced code
(EG third party software) which issues an I/O call which will block.

ps most Ada systems intended for use on bare targets include an
"Ada OS" 	- Ed Falis, Alsys Inc.