From: sdd.hp.com!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!emx.utexas.edu@hplabs.hpl.hp.com  (David  A. Hasan)
Subject: generic subprogs. in a package
Date: 16 Jan 92 00:06:25 GMT	[thread overview]

OK, I give up.  I can't figure out why the DEC compiler is rejecting
the following package spec.  Can anyone point out the obvious thing
I must be overlooking?

PACKAGE test IS
  PROCEDURE f;
  FUNCTION f RETURN Integer;

  GENERIC
    n : Boolean;
  FUNCTION f RETURN Integer;
END test;

---DEC compiler diagnostics:

    6 	  GENERIC
%ADAC-E-REDECLERR, (1) Illegal redeclaration of procedure specification f at
        line 2 [LRM 8.3(17)]

--David A. Hasan
--  Center for Space Research
--  University of Texas at Austin