From: je@bton.ac.uk (John English)
Subject: Re: Three cheers for free CD-ROMS!
Date: 1997/11/18
Date: 1997-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Chris Morgan (mihalis@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I can testify that John's CD is fantastic. I find the Walnut Creek
: CD-ROM to be a mix of the latest and greatest and a _lot_ of old
: obsolete junk. It is the ultimate resource but you need to spend time
: sifting the wheat from the chaff. On John's disc he has spent that
: time for you.

: Windows95 is pretty much essential however (a surprising hurdle at my
: last place, almost no serious Ada people had made the move yet).

No, it'll work with Win 3.1... but then, of course, the only GNAT version
you can use is 3.07 for DOS.

: (p.s. keep it to yourself, but my copy at least had shareware Doom on
: it as well).

...and Quake, and some others; after all, it's aimed at *students*... :-)
(Some of the games include source code, so that's another excuse.)

Incidentally, in case you hadn't heard, Mike Feldman has kindly agreed
to handle North American distribution; full details at the CD website
(see my .sig).

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk