From: brashear@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us (Philip Brashear)
Subject: Re: Three cheers for free CD-ROMS!
Date: 1997/11/17
Date: 1997-11-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <64pkd2$lav@pink.atlas.de>, Lynch <lynch@castor> wrote:
>I was slightly disappointed with the "Discovering Ada" CD-ROM
>that was on my latest copy of Ada Letters. It appears to me as
>one of those kind of presentations that are "too flashy for their
>own good". No mention of any minimum requirements either.
>
>Started it up at work and got a nice title screen with a single
>button "previous user" or similar. I'm not a previous user, so
>now what? Wait, nothing happens, wait, nothing happens...

Well, you got further than I did.  When I tried to start the thing up,
I simply got a message telling me that it couldn't unzip the files.

Period.

I'm using a Dell notebook at work and an Acer notebook at home.  Neither
system would start up the CD ROM.

Any advice?

Phil Brashear
Technical Editor
ACM Ada Letters
(but I didn't have anything to do with the CD distribution)