From: wheeler@ida.org (David Wheeler)
Subject: Re: Ada chess source code wanted
Date: 1997/11/12
Date: 1997-11-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dweddin@uoft02.utoledo.edu wrote:

: Hey all, I'm looking for source code to a chess playing
: program written in Ada. It doesn't need to have a GUI
: interface.

I know that at one time Borland included in its "Game Programmer's toolbox"
a chess-playing program written in Pascal; I suspect it'd be easy
to translate that to Ada.  You'd need to check on usage rights before
you started.

There's a great deal of literature out there on writing chess playing
programs.  It'd be easy to create your own program (though creating
one that plays _well_ is another problem altogether...!).

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org