From: George J <ivanov_george@list.ru>
Subject: Re: Gtkada, Gtkada_Builder.Add_From_String problem.
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 09:42:11 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-08-08T09:42:11-07:00	[thread overview]

понедельник, 8 августа 2016 г., 19:01:46 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry A. Kazakov написал:
> On 2016-08-08 16:54, George J wrote:
>
> > And for " never use GLADE or XML " : i don't know how to make
> > beautiful and understandeable GUI with Ada in other way. Could you
> > suggest something?
>
> It is not Ada specific.
>
> GTK is designed with widgets having no fixed layout in mind. There is a
> complex mechanism how children widgets communicate with the parameters
> in order to obtain their sizes. A GUI builder does not work well in this
> environment. It does not work well even when widgets are fixed, e.g.
> Win32 GDI with MS resource editor. Then GTK is permanently under
> incompatible changes. GLADE is poorly maintained and never catches up
> with the changes. All this makes GLADE programs practically unmaintainable.
>
> Just create widgets and put them into containers (boxes, grids, tables)
> from the program. Always create your specific widgets by deriving from
> existing ones (usually containers) and doing initialization in
> Initialize, which you call from Gtk_New. Use GTK signals and properties.
> You can define new signals and properties for your widgets when necessary.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Ok Dmitry. I'll convert my project with this method and watch,what happens with it. But whether it not a waste of time to do GUI application manually?

p.s. And, BTW, i couldn't install GPS installer today, GTKADA contributions and other components on GNAT 2016 with compiled and built gps_installer.exe, so i've put folder "gtkada_contributions" with my project and use that files this way: "with Gtk.Main.Router;" etc. What can I do to install it properly? or GNAT 2016 doesn't supported?
Thanks.