From: dweller@universe.digex.net (David  Weller)
Subject: Re: Using Text_Io.Open
Date: 1997/11/10
Date: 1997-11-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95.971110170857.578D-100000@dcsun4.comp.brad.ac.uk>,
AA HOLMES  <aaholmes@comp.brad.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hello. I'm a student studying Ada in a Unix enviroment.
>When you open files using Text_Io.Open command you can specify a path name
>for the file. Unfortunatly I want to use the '~' to specify the directory
>/home/(user)
>user been the users login name. So far I have to recompile the source
>everytime Someone asks for a copy of my program.

Remember that things like ~ and $HOME are unique to the shells you're
using.  These features are non-portable to OS platforms like
Microsoft.  You should look at the vendor-supplied libraries.  If
you're using GNAT, you can use the routine supplied in GNAT.IO_Aux.
Although I hasten to add that you may still have to explicitly expand
the shell symbol.

Good luck!
--
   ******   NEW!!  DoD Ada Hotline Number:  1-800-PARIAH    ******
I refuse to let spammers control my e-mail address.  You don't have to remove