* C++ to Ada95 Conversion
@ 1997-11-10  0:00 Brian G. Holmes
From: Brian G. Holmes @ 1997-11-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

C++ to Ada95 Conversion

A C++ to Ada95 conversion plan and automatic translator were recently
produced to support a conversion effort at GTE Government Systems
Corporation (GSC).  The plan calls for manual augmentation of automatic
translator output, and describes how the conversion from C++ to Ada95 is
to be accomplished.  The plan also identifies specific automatic
translation problems that must be addressed during manual augmentation.

The automatic translation program is called the cpp2anf translator.  The
cpp2anf translator handles seventy percent of all parsed constructs.
The capabilities and limitations of the cpp2anf translator are further
described on the http://home1.gte.net/holmeses/cpp2anf/index.htm web
page.

GTE GSC has now abandoned the conversion effort because a long-standing
Ada requirement has been lifted.  Development of the cpp2anf translator
has halted, and the plan will not be put into production.

Parties interested in the conversion plan and/or cpp2anf translator are
asked to contact:

			Brian G. Holmes

			brian.holmes@gsc.gte.com

			919 - 549 - 1143

			GTE Government System Corporation
			North Carolina Systems Center
			400 Park Plaza
			Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

Please understand that a level of interest must be determined, or the
plan and translator will be set aside, never used, and never released.
When corresponding, address whether your interest is commercial,
educational, or just for curiosity.  Also address whether you seek free
information or paid support; that is, free, unsupported, source code, or
consulting services that involve translator utilization and
customization.  Arguments in favor of the free release of both the plan
and translator code are welcome, and will be presented to the powers
that be.  Sample translations may be requested.

Brian Holmes will be attending the TRI-Ada�97 conference.

971110 BGH.

* Re: C++ to Ada95 Conversion
@ 1997-11-10  0:00 ` David  Weller
From: David  Weller @ 1997-11-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3467392B.118D@gsc.gte.com>,
Brian G. Holmes <brian.holmes@gsc.gte.com> wrote:
>GTE GSC has now abandoned the conversion effort because a long-standing
>Ada requirement has been lifted.  Development of the cpp2anf translator
>has halted, and the plan will not be put into production.

Damned "Ada leprosy" strikes again.

Seems the disease is rampant for STC '98 also :-/

--
I refuse to let spammers control my e-mail address.  You don't have to remove
anything to send me e-mail.  Do what I do:  Save your "spam", print it