* Ada on TV series "The Americans"
@ 2019-05-06 14:58 Leo Brewin
From: Leo Brewin @ 2019-05-06 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if this has already been spotted, but Episode 13 of series 2 has a brief moment (at 10:11) showing what looks very much like a fragment of Ada code. The show is set during the Reagan administration and it's all about KGB & FBI spies. Great stuff. In this episode the FBI agent is trying to steal DOD code critical to Reagan's Stealth program. The life of his KGB lover depends on it.

Cheers,
Leo

* Re: Ada on TV series "The Americans"
@ 2019-05-06 15:10 ` Egil H H
From: Egil H H @ 2019-05-06 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 4:58:06 PM UTC+2, Leo Brewin wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm not sure if this has already been spotted, but Episode 13 of series 2 has a brief moment (at 10:11) showing what looks very much like a fragment of Ada code. The show is set during the Reagan administration and it's all about KGB & FBI spies. Great stuff. In this episode the FBI agent is trying to steal DOD code critical to Reagan's Stealth program. The life of his KGB lover depends on it.

Yeah, some of us already knew.
I believe it was Robert Dewar who pointed it out at Ada-Europe several years ago.

--
~egilhh