* DLL under OS/2 using GNAT?
@ 1997-11-05  0:00 laurent.marc
From: laurent.marc @ 1997-11-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Is it possible to create a Ada DLL using GNAT under OS/2?  If yes, how?
 Have any examples?  If it is not possible, is there a magic trick to
interface with Fortran executables or/and C executables
(other than semaphores, that are too slow)?

 Thanks for your help.

* Re: DLL under OS/2 using GNAT?
@ 1997-11-06  0:00 ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1997-11-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <878767482.4975@dejanews.com>,
        laurent.marc@ssd.loral.com writes:
>  Is it possible to create a Ada DLL using GNAT under OS/2?  If yes, how?
>  Have any examples?  If it is not possible, is there a magic trick to
> interface with Fortran executables or/and C executables
> (other than semaphores, that are too slow)?

Yes. At the moment I don't recall how, but several years back
I fetched a document on how to do it. The OS/2 port of GNAT
is based on the emx port of gcc to OS/2. I would cultivate
some emx sources, and I'm sure you'll find the answer there.

If you remain luckless for too long, repost and I'll try to
dig up the document. Since it's several years old you're
probably better off getting fresh information. There have
been a few emx releases since I got the instructions, so
they're probably dated.

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)