From: wheeler@ida.org (David Wheeler)
Subject: Re: Steelman document and GNAT for *BSD
Date: 1997/11/04
Date: 1997-11-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Nuada (Eric DeArment) (ejd@efn.org) wrote:
: Does anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the Steelman document?  I'm
: trying to to educate a skeptical C++ user about the versatility of the
: language :)

I've developed two items related to Steelman that you'll probably find useful:
1. A copy of Steelman (which I scanned from a paper copy) in various
   electronic formats: HTML, Postscript, RTF, Framemaker 5, and ASCII.
   The HTML format includes anchored links so you can jump directly to
   specific requirements in the document.
2. A paper I've written that compares Ada95, C, C++, and Java to
   each of the Steelman requirements, which was published in "Ada Letters".

Both are available on Magnus Kempe's "adahome"; just go to:
  http://www.adahome.com/History/Steelman/intro.htm

I hope you find these items very useful.

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org