From: T.Cornah@shef.ac.uk (A J Cornah)
Subject: Re: tasking under ms-dos
Date: 1997/10/24
Date: 1997-10-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3450BCAB.6DF4@assist.org>, larry@assist.org says...

>A J Cornah wrote:
>>
>> Probably a naive question but I would appreciate help.
>> I have obtained and installed the latest ez2load which gives me GNAT 3.07
>> and the documentation claims " .. It now includes tasking ... " but when I
>> try even a simple program like the one below which should interleaf As and
Bs
>> I get all the As first then the Bs then my program freezes.
>>
>> I used ADACAPS to compile it.
>
>Code snipped -- you have one typo, you end procedure B
>with "END ProcedureA;" but that isn't causing your
>problem.  When I run your code using ObjectAda and
>compiling for MS-DOS, it works as you intend.

That may be so and thanks for pointing out the TYPO (it wasn't in the original
code). I have the SunOS4.x version of GNAT, admittedly 3.10, and that too
produces a program which works as I intend but what I was asking was why
GNAT 3.07 from the EZ2LOAD release doesn't. I am providing support for the
Ada arm of a Real-Time Programming module and the students taking it _are_
familiar with PCs, MSDOS, BORLAND development environments etc. but _aren't_
with UNIX so I would like to enable them to use GNAT 3.07.

Anyone any ideas?

tony