From: ma740988@gmail.com
Subject: Ada asm
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 20:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-07-08T20:28:56-07:00	[thread overview]

Debated if I should post my question in comp.lang.c++ but opted for comp.lang.ada instead.  I'm perusing Ada code and I'm trying to determine the C++ equivalents for the following:

    asm'( ldf => "set_test_reg:");

    --
    -- Set System MFT Address Register located at 0x00AD)
    --

I'm relatively new to Ada but I saw a link that describe the => as a positional notation.   It's not clear what the relationship between ldf and set_test_reg is.   I suspect ldf is passed into set_test_reg ..who knows.   I perused this guideline - link below but still unclear that the C++ equivalent might be.  Any help appreciated.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/inline-assembly-c-cpp-guide/