* YAMI4 - Messaging Solution for Distributed Systems
@ 2010-03-01  9:09 Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2010-03-01  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am pleased to announce the availability of version 1.0.0 of the
YAMI4 library:

http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/

YAMI4 is a messaging solution for distributed systems.

Typical uses of this library include control and monitoring systems,
with real-time and embedded installations, where reliability,
performance and low overhead are essential requirements.
As a multi-language library, YAMI4 allows easy integration of
heterogeneous distributed systems. In the current version, YAMI4
supports Ada, C++ and Java programming languages.

The Ada programmers will find YAMI4 to be a lightweight library with
API that benefits from the Ada 2005 features. It was developed with
GNAT 2009 and tested on Mac OS X, Windows and Debian.

YAMI4 is an open-source project with dual licensing model.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.inspirel.com

* Re: YAMI4 - Messaging Solution for Distributed Systems
@ 2010-03-02 21:19 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2010-03-02 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:09:09 -0800 (PST), Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the availability of version 1.0.0 of the
> YAMI4 library:
>
> http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/
>
> YAMI4 is a messaging solution for distributed systems.

An interesting project, a kind of middleware. (The middleware we are
working on is rather state- than message-oriented)

Thank you for the reference.

P.S. Did you considered implementing the Annex E on top of it?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: YAMI4 - Messaging Solution for Distributed Systems
@ 2010-03-03  9:23   ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2010-03-03  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2 Mar, 22:19, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:

> >http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/
>
> > YAMI4 is a messaging solution for distributed systems.

> P.S. Did you considered implementing the Annex E on top of it?

It is too early to consider such an evolution path, but it would be
also unwise to dismiss it.

I think there is a lot of space for exploration in the Ada context, as
the YAMI4 project was consistently designed with critical systems in
mind (example: private memory partitions).
One of the subjects that I would like to explore first is a fully
Ravenscar-compatible interface.

Other ideas are highly welcome.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.inspirel.com