From: sswicm@dera.gov.uk (SSWICM)
Subject: Re: Got me stumped any idea?
Date: 1997/10/13
Date: 1997-10-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert A. Thompson" <stdrat01@unx1.shsu.edu> wrote:
>I thought it would be perfect..and looked exactly like what I needed.  I
>couldn't compile it though.  It would keep giving me errors saying that
>I was not passing the right paramters through the Get_line
The command you need is to use;
get_line(file1, file1_line, file1_line_length);

where;
file1_line_length: integer := 0;

This will pull the line and only fill the string with the right number
of characters. Might not be the best way, but i find it works..

Comments appreciated as to better ways..

Steven Adams