From: paulvg@eelab.su.oz.au (Paul Van Gorp)
Subject: Tasking question (not the same as ^^^)
Date: 1997/10/10
Date: 1997-10-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am having this strange problem with tasking, here is the scenario...

task DO_STUFF is
	entry do_stuff1(...);
	entry do_stuff2(...);
end DO_STUFF;

task user is	-- interacts with DO_STUFF
	entry input_entered(c: Character);	-- the body for this interacts with DO_STUFF
end user;

-- and the mail program has this loop...

	loop
		ch := Getch;	-- doesn't have to be Getch, could just be a read
		user.input_entered(ch);
	end loop
end ...;

Now, It may be a rotten way to do it, but it works fine when there is no
facility for a simple keyboard interface, the tasks all seem to not operate
when input is being awaited from the keyboard.

It seems to work fine when I hardcode input ( user.input_entered(...) ) in the
main part of the program.

Wondering if anyone might have a clue as to what the program might be...

Thanks in advance..

Paul