* Re: Help!  I need help with GNAT!
@ 1997-10-08  0:00 ` jos� tolentino
From: jos� tolentino @ 1997-10-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Herman wrote:

> I have a school project due at the end of the week, and I was
> wondering if anyone here could PLEASE tell me how to use GNAT.  I
> don't have time to sift through manuals of documentation, I just need
> to know what kind of 3 letter extension to save the source code files
> is, how to compile, and the different compiling options I need.  And
> is there a debugger?  Thanks!
>
> ------------------------------------
> Change spamsux to johnson64 to email
hello
The extension of Ada files is adb for ada body files, and ads for ada
specification files.
You can try gcc -c -gnatc filename.abd or filename.ads for compile.
gnatmake filename will produce an executable.
Bye

* Re: Help!  I need help with GNAT!
@ 1997-10-08  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1997-10-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The quickest way to get these answers is to download
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/gnat-3.10p-docs.tar.gz

The document is indexed and answers all the questions you asked, and more.

There is no way anyone could tell you what "compiling options you need",
since you didn't specifiy what you need to do.

There are two filename extensions used for ada source files, depending
on whether the compilation unit is a spec or a body.

Yes, there is a debugger, but you'll need to download that separately, as
it's not included in gnat disrtibutions.

Herman wrote in message <343b2226.279146@news.mindspring.com>...
>I have a school project due at the end of the week, and I was
>wondering if anyone here could PLEASE tell me how to use GNAT.  I
>don't have time to sift through manuals of documentation, I just need
>to know what kind of 3 letter extension to save the source code files
>is, how to compile, and the different compiling options I need.  And
>is there a debugger?  Thanks!

>Change spamsux to johnson64 to email

* Help!  I need help with GNAT!
@ 1997-10-08  0:00 Herman