From: cassel@sce.carleton.ca (Ron Casselman)
Subject: Re: Ada Primer
Date: 1 Jun 89 20:03:28 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <138@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu.edu> drs@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Darrell Schiebel) writes:

>Can anyone recomend a GOOD book to serve as a Primer
>for Ada?
>
>Darrell Schiebel   -   drs@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu
>Concurrent Engineering Research Center
>West Virginia University

Ada As A Second Language by Cohen gives the most complete coverage
of the language that I have seen. It is useful to have around when
the language reference manual is too terse.

If you wish to distance yourself from language particulars and get a feel
for Ada as a software engineering language then I would suggest
"System Design with Ada" by R.J.A. Buhr. It discusses the design of
concurrent systems in Ada using an easy to understand graphical
notation developed by the author.

Ron Casselman
Department of Systems and Computer Engineering
Carleton University, Ottawa Canada
(613) 788-5726